This is a drink I first came up with 16 years ago when I first moved to Punta Mita. I had PuntaTini parties and everybody had “a lot of fun”. The brand of vodka can be any as the pineapple flavour overthrows any specific undertones.
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1 bottle of vodka (maybe more!)
- 1 litre of peach nectar
- Plenty of ice
- 1 large glass jug
- Plastic wrap to cover
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glasses
- Cut the top off the pineapple and cut off the skin.
- Rough cut the pineapple, including the core, into 2-inch chunks.
- Place pineapple into a large glass jug (do not use metal or plastic).
- Pour the bottle of vodka over the pineapple until it is completely covered. Add more vodka if necessary… or just for good measure!
- Cover and leave in a cool place for 24 hours. (Do not refrigerate – but keep it out of the sun)
- The next day, drain pineapple liquid through a plastic sieve.
- Discard soaked pineapple (it doesn’t really taste very good)
- Pour 1 part pineapple vodka + 2 parts peach nectar over ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to chill and pour into “up” martini glasses.
- Serve with a sprig of mint and a piece of fresh pineapple.
Prepare to be happy! Welcome to Punta Mita!
Find more delicious tropical drink recipes in our Cocktail Recipe Index.
Lisa Bruno is a long-term Punta Mita resident. She is a frustrated golfer, party princess and proud owner of Tank and Tonica,
Subscribe to our newsletter for delicious recipes and timely updates about this little corner of paradise.
Photography by Kemi Vernon. See more of her work at www.kemivernonphotography.com