I suggest that you do not drink this alone, it’s a happy, sociable drink which is best prepared in a jug with the whipped cream or a cream/ ice cream mix added to each individual glass.
Miguel’s Cappequila Recipe
- 4 shots espresso coffee
- 4 shots tequila reposado (Don Julio is my recommendation)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ice cream, vanilla or coffee (optional)
- Pour the coffee shots into a jug with an equal volume of tequila – we suggest reposado but it’s your preference.
- Place the jug in the fridge to cool.
- Whip the cream on its own or mix cream and ice cream and whisk until they are thick and frothy.
- Pour equal parts cold coffee and tequila into one to four Old-fashioned glasses. Mix.
- If you cannot wait for the coffee to cool, pour the hot coffee over crushed ice.
- Spoon the ice cream/cream mix on top.
Warning! – This drink will give you a buzz! If you drink a few on the beach, expect to surf a wave or two afterwards – even if you don’t surf! It will not only make you happy, it will make you very active!
Find more delicious tropical drink recipes in our Cocktail Recipe Index.
Bon vivant, gastronome and all-around great guy – Miguel Neves de Carvalho brings you the best of what Punta Mita and the surrounding area have to offer. His passions include polo, horse riding, rugby, cigars and most recently … golf.
Miguel lives in Punta Mita with his youngest son, his fiancée, Lisa, and his two dogs “Tanqueray” and “Tonica”.
He started Punta Mita-Rentals in 2012.
Subscribe to our newsletter for delicious recipes and timely updates about his little corner of paradise.
Photography by Kemi Vernon. See more of her work at www.kemivernonphotography.com